Managing files in WS_FTP
Posted by TurnKey Admin on 30 March 2016 11:25 AM
This tutorial assumes you already have WS_FTP running on your computer and are connected to a remote server.
Now let's learn how to manage files and folders in WS_FTP.
1) Click new folder.
2) Enter a name for the new folder here.
That's it! The new folder has been created and can be seen here.
3) Now let's rename the folder... Select the folder.
4) Click rename.
5) Then enter the new name of the folder.
The folder has been renamed.
6) Now let's delete the folder... select the folder name, then click delete.
7) Click delete.
That's it! The folder has been deleted. Now let's learn how to change file permissions.
8) Right click the file changelog.txt.
9) Right click and at the bottom of the menu, choose properties.
10) Now let's change some of the permissions or attributes of this file.
That's it! Permissions for the file have been successfully changed.
This is the end of the tutorial. You should now know how to manage your files and folders in WS_FTP, including creating new folders, renaming them, deleting them and changing file permissions.