Configuring custom ports in Windows Live Mail
Posted by TurnKey Admin on 30 March 2016 11:25 AM
This tutorial assumes you've already launched Windows Live Mail.
1) To configure custom ports for your email account, first right-click your account name.
2) Then click "Properties".
3) Click the "Advanced" tab.
Let's assume we need to change our port numbers to use SSL connections.
This is where your email account's server port numbers are listed, and available for you to change.
4) Check here to require SSL for the outgoing server, then enter the new port number.
5) Then check here to require SSL for the incoming server, then enter the new incoming port number.
Note that the port number was updated automatically.
6) When finished click "OK".
This is the end of the tutorial. You now know how to configure custom ports in Windows Live Mail.